Click the graphic to enlarge.
To learn more about Zoom, training information, and useful resources, visit the IS Zoom Service Page. Be sure to check out the Privacy and Security Practices for Teleconferencing help article for more information about ensuring your meetings are secure, such as setting a password for your meeting.
Ready to use Zoom?
- Is your meeting larger than 50 people, include external participants, or require interactive participation or breakout rooms?
Scheduling your meeting
- Using Zoom application on your computer (Step 1 on Software@WFU)
- On the "Home" tab, click the blue Schedule button and follow the prompts.
- Using Zoom for Google Workspace Add-On (Step 2 on Software@WFU)
- In the meeting, under the Event Details field, select the "Add video conferencing" dropdown and select "Zoom Meeting." Enter a physical location in the "location" field if applicable and press Save. When prompted, you must send invitations to guests.
Starting your meeting
- View the Google Calendar meeting invite and press the "Join Meeting" button. You may be asked to sign in and allow access to your computer camera and microphone.
- Pick your preferred audio and video connections in the pop-up window.
- Your meeting has started and you should see host options along the bottom of your Zoom screen.
Zoom for Google Workspace
Install the Zoom for Google Workspace Add-on to easily join, manage, and customize meetings from Gmail and Google Calendar. Follow these instructions on software@WFU and reference the Zoom for Google Workspace Add-on tab to learn more about utilizing this add on. You will be able to schedule meetings from Google Calendar in any browser and on your mobile device. Enjoy clean calendar invites where users can join your meeting with a simple one-click join meeting URL. The Zoom for Google Workspace Add-on will automatically apply selected settings from your WFU Zoom Portal.
Tips and Recommended Settings
- Tip: Using computer audio is recommended for best meeting experience.
- Tip: If recording your meeting, use your local drive instead of the cloud for quicker processing time. Then move your file into cloud storage, such as Google Drive.
- Recommended: Use One-Time Meeting ID instead of Personal Meeting ID to enhance security settings.