Follow the steps below to connect to the WFU Network through the Virtual Private Network (VPN) on an Android smartphone.
1. Locate and launch the Google Play Store app. You can also access the Google Play Store by visiting https://play.google.com/store.
2. In the Google Play Store, search “Cisco Secure Client-AnyConnect” and select Install.
3. Once the Cisco Secure Client app is installed on your phone, launch the Secure Client application. To continue to the application setup you must accept the End User License Agreement by selecting OK.
4. Once on the Cisco Secure Client home screen, select Connections.
5. Select the plus icon at the bottom right of the screen to add a new VPN connection.
6. Enter "vpn.wfu.edu" in the Server Address field and select Done.
7.You should see vpn.wfu.edu listed under Connections. Select the slider beside AnyConnect VPN to connect.
8. After selecting the vpn.wfu.edu connection you will be prompted to enter your Wake Forest University credentials via Google Single Sign-on.
9. Select OK to allow the connection request
10. An Icon will appear to identify that you are securely connected to the VPN. The icon you see may appear differently than what is shown here.