Follow the steps below to connect to the WFU Network through the Virtual Private Network (VPN) on an Android smartphone.
1. Locate and launch the Google Play Store app. You can also access the Google Play Store by visiting https://play.google.com/store.
2. In the Google Play Store, search “anyconnect vpn” and select Install.
3. Once the Cisco AnyConnect app is installed on your phone, launch the AnyConnect application. To continue to the application setup you must accept the End User License Agreement by selecting OK.
4. Once on the AnyConnect home screen, select Connections.
5. Select Add New VPN Connection.
6. Select Server Address.
7. Type in “vpn.wfu.edu” when prompted and select OK.
8. To close the Connection Editor select Done.
9.You should see vpn.wfu.edu listed under Connections. Slide beside AnyConnect VPN to connect.
10. After selecting the vpn.wfu.edu connection you will be prompted to enter your Wake Forest University credentials via Google Single Sign-on.
11. Once you supply AnyConnect with the correct credentials for your account, it will automatically negotiate a VPN connection. An Icon will appear to identify that you are securely connected to the VPN. Since there are different versions of AnyConnect for different Android devices, the icon you see may appear differently than what is shown here. Select OK.
12. You are now connected to WFU VPN.