Some applications, including Kaltura, rely on third-party cookies for integrations and authentication. You may see the following error while trying to access Kaltura or other applications within Canvas.
You will need to enable third-party cookies in order for Kaltura and Canvas to verify credentials and access your Kaltura media.
Below you will find links to specific instructions on how to enable third-party cookies for various web browsers.
Enable third-party cookies
You can enable all third-party cookies for Chrome or allow cookies for a specific site (like Kaltura). To enable cookies for Kaltura, follow these instructions:
- Within Chrome, navigate to the top right and click the vertical ellipses More button. At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Cookies and other site data.
- Enter the web address “wakeforest.instructure.com” and select Add. Be sure to select the “Including third-party cookies on this site” checkbox.
To enable cookies for Kaltura, follow these instructions:
- Select “Preferences” from the main menu
- Select “Privacy and Security” on the left-hand side menu
- Under “Cookies and Site Data,” select “Manage Exceptions”
- Add the website “wakeforest.instructure.com” and select “Allow”
- Save your changes
Safari for iOS (iPhone/iPad)
- On your device home screen go to Settings and then select Safari
- Make sure "Block All Cookies" and Prevent Cross-Site Tracking is turned off