Upload files directly to Google Drive
1. To upload files to Google Drive, first log into Google Drive using your WFU account.
2. Once logged into Drive, you will see a large “New” button on the left side of the screen. Select "New."
3. A drop down menu will appear. Select “File Upload.”
4. A pop up will appear, select the file you would like to upload to Google Drive. Then click “Open”. Your file will begin uploading immediately.
Keep in mind, your file permissions will automatically be set to private. You can update your file permissions by right-clicking on the file and selecting “Share.”
Upload files by using Google Drive for Desktop
If you are uploading many or large files to your Google Drive, Google Drive Desktop (formerly known as File Stream) is a better solution than the web interface.
1. From the “Google Drive” folder you can access all of the files you have uploaded to your standard Google Drive.
a, Mac users can find “Google Drive” in your Finder application as a new “location.”
b. Windows users can click on the bottom left corner of your desktop to open your navigation menu to see Google Drive under “Favorites” in your “My Computer” or “This PC” interface.
2. To upload files including documents, images, videos, and more, to your drive via Google Drive Desktop, first, locate the file you wish to upload.
a, On a Mac, drag and drop your files from your “Finder” window to the “Google Drive” folder. This will automatically upload the file to your Google Drive and you can access it both online or via the Desktop interface.
b. On Windows, drag and drop the desired files from where you store them to the “Google Drive” folder.