By default, videos are presumed to be in English and automatic captions are processed based on the audio track. However, you may wish to add automatic captions for a language other than English. Kaltura supports captioning for all of the languages taught at WFU.
- Visit canvas.wfu.edu and sign in.
- Select the Courses icon in the left navigation bar.
- Select the course you want.
- Select Kaltura My Media from the course navigation menu. If the Kaltura My Media link is not shown, you may need to add it to the navigation under Settings.
- Find the video you want to add a caption file to and select your title located to the right of the video.
- Click the Actions drop-down menu below the video on the right side.
- Select Caption & Enrich.
- Under Order Captions & Enrichment Services, choose Machine under Service, the language of your video under Source Media Language, and Captions under Feature.
- Click Submit. The page will refresh with a confirmation message.