Google 2-Step Verification is now required when logging into Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
Some Windows users may experience an error when attempting to log in, "Couldn't sign you in. This browser or app may not be secure."
If you are experiencing this error, use the following instructions to add Google to the list of Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer:
- Go to Start -> Search for and launch Internet Options
- Choose Security tab
- Choose Trusted sites
- Choose Sites
- Add https://accounts.google.
- Choose Add
- Add https://myaccount.google.com
- Choose Add
- Choose Close
- Go back to the General tab
- Under Browsing History make sure the box for Delete browsing history on exit is unchecked
- Select Delete
- Ensure the box for Cookies and website data is checked
- Select Delete to close
- You can now exit Internet Options
- Launch Internet Explorer or Go to Start -> Search for and launch iexplore.exe (Internet Explorer) and login to https://accounts.google.com
with your WFU account
- Follow the steps to log in, including providing any Google 2-factor authentication requests
- Once you have successfully logged in, you may now close Internet Explorer
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect application you were previously blocked from and log in normally