Skip to main content
Wake Forest University

Wired Networking

Modified on: Thu, Jan 13, 2022 1:21 PM

Wired networking jacks are available across campus in many classrooms and conference rooms, and all residence halls. Please read the Wired Network 802.1x FAQ for more information.

Classrooms and Conference Rooms

Jack activations can be requested through AskDeac or by contacting the Service Desk.

Residence Halls

If you need your device to connect to the internet using Ethernet, there are 4 active Ethernet ports that can be used for this purpose on the wireless access point.  The wireless access point is located above head height in the room. 

Entertainment devices (gaming consoles, smart TVs, etc) can access the internet wirelessly through the WFUMyDevices network. Devices must be registered at MyDevices before connecting.  

Was this answer helpful? Yes No

Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.