Wake Forest uses an encryption standard WPA2 Enterprise that many devices do not support such as Xbox and PlayStation devices. In order to connect these types of devices through the wireless system, please follow the instructions below. Only standard WFU accounts can add devices.
** Registered devices will expire after ten months. After that point, you will need to re-register the MAC address with the same steps below.
Step 1 (to be completed on a browser)
- Ensure your computer is connected to WFUwireless or WFUwireless-legacy
- Sign on to the My Devices Portal with your WFU username and password
- Select Add
- Add the Device Name
- Add the MAC address of the device
** The device may show that it is pending. This does not prevent the device from connecting to the wireless network.
Step 2 (to be completed on your device)
- Connect your wireless device to the WFUmydevices network, it may take up to 2 minutes after adding your device before you have internet access.
The following devices are not able to connect to the WFUmydevices network:
- Wireless (non-Bluetooth) Speakers and Smart Speakers
- Personal Wireless Printers
- Remotes that require Wifi
- Smart Lightbulbs