To install a network printer on macOS:
This process is not for the Student Xerox printers located in ZSR Library and other buildings on campus. The Student printers can be installed from zsr.wfu.edu/print. Please note that you cannot connect to Xerox printers while connected to WFUguest, WFUmydevices, or eduroam wireless networks.
Download the Xerox Printer Driver
Due to the many Mac models and operating systems on campus, it is best to download the latest printer drivers from Xerox site. Check which operating system your Mac is running before you begin.
- Navigate to support.xerox.com
- Type the model of your printer in the search field (e.g. AltaLink C8055) and complete your search
- Select the "Drivers and Downloads" tab
- If necessary, refine your search by selecting the model in the "Product/Model" box
- Choose the search result beginning with "Drivers and Downloads"
- Click the "Platform" tab and choose your Mac's operating system
- Under "Digital Front End," select "Built-in Controller"
- Select the most recent "macOS Print and Scan Driver Installer" to download
Install the Xerox Printer Driver
- Double-click the downloaded Xerox Drivers.dmg installer file and then launch the Xerox Drivers.pkg file
- Click Continue to move through the installation wizard
- Click through the prompts to "Agree" to the terms and "Install"
- When prompted, enter your computer's password
- During the installation the installer will attempt to discover printers, while it is searching select "Don't See Your Printer?"
- In the ‘Address’ field enter the printer-name.printer.wfu.edu (example: The printer reyn-303-xrx would be entered as reyn-303-xrx.printer.wfu.edu). If you are uncertain of the printer name, the name will be located on the printer itself near the display.
- You should see the printer name, model information, and IP address populate in the field below the address field when the installer finds the printer.
- You can also add the printer by IP address instead of printer-name.printer.wfu.edu. If you need the IP address of the printer, please contact your department's ITG or the Service Desk.
- Click "Continue" to finish the installation.
- If the Xerox printer you are adding requires an Accounting Code/Printer Code, please follow these instructions: Setup Xerox Printer Accounting on Mac OS X
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.