To install a network printer on Mac OSX:
This process is not for the Student Xerox printers located in ZSR Library and other buildings on campus. The Student printers can be installed from zsr.wfu.edu/print.
Download the Xerox Printer Driver
Due to the many Mac models and operating systems on campus, it is best to download the latest printer drivers from Xerox site. Check which operating system your Mac is running before you begin.
- Navigate to support.xerox.com
- Type the model of your printer in the search field (e.g. AltaLink C8055) and complete your search
- Select your printer model from the search results
- Select "Drivers and Downloads" tab and choose a driver
- Under "Associated Product," select "Built-in Controller"
- Click the "Operating System" tab and choose your Mac's operating system
- Select the most recent "macOS Common Print Driver Installer" to download
Install the Xerox Printer Driver
- Double-click the downloaded Xerox Print Driver.dmg and then launch the Xerox Print Driver.pkg
- Click Continue to move through the installation wizard
- Click through the prompts to "Agree" to the terms and "Install"
- When prompted, enter your computer's password
- Click The single-printer icon (right). Type in the IP address of the desired Xerox printer. Click "Continue"
- To locate the IP address of the appropriate printer, please visit the Lookup Printer IP Address on Mac OS X article
- If you are prompted, pick the correct printer model type (you can find them directly on the printer)
- Click "Close"
- Open System Preferences (either on your Dock or from the Apple Menu).
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- The Xerox printer should now be listed as an available printer.
- If the Xerox printer you are adding requires an Accounting Code/Printer Code, please follow these instructions: Setup Xerox Printer Accounting on Mac OS X