After hooking up the coax cable, you must scan for channels. The channel scan process is simple, but varies between manufacturer and model.
- First, ensure that the TV is in Cable mode, instead of Air or Antenna (these modes are for "bunny ears," not cable TV).
- Some TVs will ask what kind of cable channel scan you want to do. Choose Cable STD (Cable Standard) if given the option - do not select HRC or IRC.
- If prompted, choose to scan for digital channels.
- The channel scan will take approximately 5-30 minutes, depending on the TV.
- After the scan completes, you should now be able to view the TV channels.
Get Help with Apogee
Support for Stream2 and the campus cable TV network is provided by Apogee. A support representative with Apogee is available 24 hours a day to assist you via chat, text, phone, or email.
Text: “MyStream2” to 84700
How to Scan for Channels - ExampleHere's an example of how to scan channels on an LG TV. To find more information on your specific model, simply Google search "your-model" channel scan.
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.