WFUguest is an open wireless network for our campus guests who want quick and easy access to the Internet. WFUguest does not require a sponsor or a password. This option is not intended for use by our faculty, staff, and students.
Note that WFUguest is not available in the following locations:
- LJVM Coliseum
- Bridger Field House
- Deacon Tower (BB&T Field)
- Tennis Center
- Brookstown Inn
In most cases, WFUguest should be adequate for campus visitors. WFUguest is comparable to what is commonly available at hotels, airports and coffee shops. If WFUguest is not available, Wake Forest students, faculty and staff may create a WFUmydevices wireless network account for any individual visiting the University that requires access to on-campus resources.
- WFU students can create accounts for up to 7 days
- WFU Faculty and staff can create accounts for up to 180 days
Create a WFUmydevices wireless network account by completing the following steps:
- Visit https://netguest.wfu.edu (accessible only on campus)
- Log in using your WFU username and password
- Click the link to Create Account
- Enter the first and last name of your visitor, their company or organization, email address and phone number
- Do not change the time zone
- Select the start and end dates and times for your visitor account
- Click the Submit button
The WFUmydevices username, password, start and end dates/times will be displayed. Click Notify to print this page or email it to your visitor. Note that if you email this page, the recipient will receive an email with no visible sender address. The subject line of the email message will be "WFUmydevices Wireless Account Details." The email will contain the username, password, and the date and times for the account.
Instructions for your visitor to complete:
- When your visitor arrives they will need to launch the wireless network connection software on their computer to find and connect to the WFUmydevices wireless network
- The WFUmydevices wireless connection has open authentication and no encryption
- The visitor will need to open a web browser and will be redirected to the "Wake Forest University Visitor Wireless Network" web page
- The visitor will need to input the WFUmydevices username and password that was provided to them