Ellucian is in the process of upgrading the Banner 8 INB user interface to Banner 9 Admin. This new release delivers a number of important enhancements, including a modern user interface with improved accessibility for users of all abilities, enhanced navigation and process management tools, and new functionality in the Student, Financial Aid and Accounts Receivable modules. The HR and Finance modules of Banner will not be upgraded as that functionality is now in Workday. HR and Finance will continue to have access to historical Banner data through a static instance accessible only to their areas.
With any system upgrade, we know that people often grow concerned over what will change, and our team has been working over the past few months to understand and anticipate those changes. We will reach out to campus offices to coordinate testing and training as we work to complete this upgrade.
When do I have to use Banner 9 Admin? When is Banner 8 INB going away?
We recommend you begin getting acquainted with Banner 9 Admin in Pre-Production now. Banner 8 INB will no longer be available to users early next year. We will provide a specific date along with a transition plan once we have more definitive information from Ellucian as to how they are twilighting their support of Banner 8 INB.
How do I get help?
To ensure the transition to Banner 9 Admin is as seamless as possible with the least possible loss of efficiency, minimal training and downtime, we are providing a variety of learning opportunities for you.
- Bookmark this site (https://xe.pprd.banner.wfu.edu/applicationNavigator) to log into Banner 9 Admin Pre-Production and for links to helpful online resources. Google Chrome is the recommended browser. The first time logging in you may see a pop-up warning message "Your connection is not private". If so, click on the “ADVANCED” button and you will see and click on the hyperlink “Proceed to xe.pprd.banner.wfu.edu” and you will be redirected to the Banner 9 landing page. This will not be experienced when we move to production.
- Attend Banner 9 Admin working sessions that correspond to your functional area. Register through the PDC links here:
- Admin General Working Sessions https://pdc.wfu.edu/events/3176/
- Student Module Working Sessions https://pdc.wfu.edu/events/3177/
- Admin and Global Programs Working Sessions https://pdc.wfu.edu/event/12537/
- Keep this list of power users by department
- Review multiple self-help resources from Ellucian
If you have questions or feedback, please feel free to contact Mike Ayuso at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep you informed of our progress through our website is.wfu.edu/banner as well as through open discussions with your team. We welcome your involvement as a part of this initiative.