Allows user to search content within the Cognos Content Store
- Content of saved reports
Searchable content updated nightly
A batch process updates content store each night.
Cognos Security is maintained
If you don't have access to execute or edit some Cognos objects they will not appear in the results section of your search.
Your "My Content" folder and subfolders are included as part of your search results.
General Search Tips
Search is not Case sensitive - searching for “Wake” (for example) will return the same results as searching for “wake”.
- Wake Forest – search for either word
- “Wake Forest” – searches for the exact phrase
- “[AskDeac Requests].[Request].[Impact Description]” - Cognos report writer metadata field name
- “Impact Description” - Report column heading
+ plus sign (no space after +)
- Wake +Forest : must have Forest
- minus sign (no space after -)
- Wake –Forest : everything having Wake but never Forest
* - asterisk – wild card (no space between phrase and *)
Search results can be saved for future use
Click the icon of the safe to save your search.
Search results can be filtered
Clicking on the filter Icon provides additional filtering options for your search.
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.