- Allows user to search content within the Cognos Content Store
- Content of saved reports
Searchable content updated nightly
- Batch process updates content store each night.
Cognos Security is maintained
- If you don't have access to execute or edit some Cognos objects they will not appear in the results section of your search.
Your “My Folders” are included
- Not Case sensitive
- Wake - same as "wake"
- Wake Forest – search for either word
- “Wake Forest” – searches for the exact phrase
- “[Remedy Requests].[Request].[Impact Description]” - Cognos report writer metadata field name
- “Impact Description” - Report column heading
- Wisconsin - a really good basketball team that came up one game short..... finds saved report output of other Badger fans.
+ plus sign (no space after +)
- Wake +Forest – must have Forest
- minus sign (no space after -)
- Wake –Forest – everything having Wake but never Forest
* - asterisk – wild card (no space between phrase and *)
Search Result Sections
- Create and Explore – Cognos starting point to build a report - Avoid using the results of this section to create your own queries/report. Talk to a peer or ask someone familiar with the Cognos Packages (Frameworks) to help you use the proper metadata.
- Suggested – relevant percentage - click on the down arrows to see what Cognos search says it matched on to insure you found what you were looking for.
- Refine the Results – further filtering of the results using left hand side of search results page.
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.