Managing ownership of Docs inside the wfu.edu domain
- Open the Doc that you would like to transfer
- Click Share in the top-right corner
- Click the white space below 'Add people'
- Type the WFU email address of the new owner
- Click Share & save
- Once the document is shared with someone, go to the Sharing settings and click the edit pencil to the right of the new owner's name.
- Choose 'Is owner'
- Click 'Save Changes'
Managing ownership of Docs outside the wfu.edu domain
If you're using Google Docs (Doc, Sheets, etc.) you can not make someone outside of your domain the owner of your Doc. Instead, download the Doc from your WFU Google account and share it with the non-WFU account.
- Open the document in question
- Go to File Menu
- You may wish to make a copy (revision history will not transfer to the copy)
- Select 'Download As' and choose your format
- Email the document to the non-WFU account
For exporting and downloading your data please see this Google help page.