To create a course site:
- Go to Sakai and log in with your WFU username and password.
- Verify that you are on the Home Tab
- Click Worksite Setup (on the left)
- Click New
- Make sure the course site option is selected and choose the appropriate academic term from the drop down menu, and click Continue.
- Select the section(s) for which you want to create a Sakai course. You can only create one Sakai course at a time, but you can combine multiple sections into a single Sakai course by selecting multiple sections. Click Continue at the bottom.
- If you do not see your courses listed here STOP! If the courses you are teaching are not listed, then Banner does not know which courses you are teaching. Verify that you are listed in Banner as the instructor of record for the course.
- Provide information for the course (such as the information contained on your syllabus) in the description box and then click Continue.
- Select the tools you wish to use in the Course Site Tools section. (At the bottom of the page there is an option to use material from previous Sakai courses). Click Continue.
- Note. Do not turn on a tool you do not intend to use in your course as this can be confusing to the students.
- Keep “Publish site” selected if you want the course to be immediately available to enrolled students. Choose the “Leave as Draft” option if you want to work on your site before allowing students to access it (but remember to publish it before classes start by going to Site Info > Manage Access).
- You typically do NOT want the site to be open to non-enrolled students, so DO NOT check the “Can be joined by anyone with authorization to log in”. Click Continue.
- You will see a summary of the choices you made. If everything is correct, click Create Site.
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.