Information Systems recommends that you ensure your VPN client is up-to-date (click here for the most recent version of Cisco AnyConnect) and operating correctly on each of your devices prior to traveling out of the country.
A process has been developed to assist you in preparing for travel to countries where Google access is restricted. As of December 2018, this list includes China, Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
You should begin the request process at least two weeks prior to your trip to ensure adequate set up and testing time of the additional processes required to use VPN while abroad in these restricted areas. What you need to do:
- Go to AskDeac and enter a ticket for VPN for Restricted Countries
- Enter your WFU username and password
Enter the required information:
- Email Address
- Travel Destination
- Arrival Date
- Departure Date (your access will be terminated on the departure date)
- Reason for VPN Access
- Select if you need Admin network access. If no information is provided, standard access will be the default.
- You will only be contacted by an IS representative if your request is denied.
- If approved, you will receive an email from AskDeac with a resolution that contains the URL that you will need to use to have VPN access while in one of the restricted countries. The resolution will also contain a reminder to change back to the original VPN URL upon returning from abroad.